For complete details regarding ESAP, please visit: https://esap.seas.upenn.edu/
The ESAP Residential Director (RD) is responsible for ensuring that students in ESAP have a safe and enjoyable “collegiate” experience while living and studying on campus. The RD has direct professional level responsibility for all residential aspects of the program, and is responsible for ensuring all rules and regulations are upheld. Two people will be hired to serve as Co-Directors for the program.
The Residential Directors supervise the RTAs in the residential and social programming components of their work, and directly liaise with the ESAP Program Director and Conference Services during the program period. The RD positions are full‐time from Sunday July 2nd (date pending) to Saturday, July 29th (which includes the RTA orientation week). On weekdays, responsibilities are from 5pm – 9am, and on weekends the RD is on call. Additional hours are be required prior the start of the program (for training/ onboarding) and after the program (for wrap up). The RDs report directly to the ESAP Program Director.
Compensation is $7,750 (housing and meals are also included) and will be disbursed after the program has concluded on July 29th. The Co-RDs are expected to live in campus housing for the duration of the program (the move-in date is TBD).
- Oversee and ensure a smooth move‐in of RTA staff (date pending)
- Plan and implement a staff orientation program for RTAs (July 3rd – July 7th; the July 4th holiday will be observed), in consultation with the ESAP Director, Penn department representatives, and participating faculty/ instructors, as necessary.
- Plan and supervise move‐in of students on Sunday, July 9th including safe transportation of participants from the Philadelphia Airport.
- Provide guidance and oversight to RTAs in planning evening and weekend recreational activities.
- Provide first response for residential issues and emergencies for the duration of the program from 5:00 PM to 9:00 AM on weekdays, and on-call during weekends. While on duty, the RD must be able to respond within 30 minutes.
- With RTA staff, plan one to two single‐day excursions on weekends (no overnight trips). Supervise and accompany students on these excursions, as needed.
- Lead weekly residential staff meeting.
- Maintain open and effective communication with ESAP administration during the program period with updates and reports of issues/ concerns, as well as student feedback.
- Supervise student and staff move out on July 29th (some students may leave after the graduation ceremony on July 28th), ensuring the safe departure of all students and staff.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. order catering, receipt collection for program cards, etc)
- Experience working in residential life and knowledge of campus resources is highly preferred
- The RD must remain level-headed under pressure and be able to handle crisis and/or emergency situations that may arise
- Experience working with high school and college-aged populations
- Ability and willingness to enforce program rules and policies as needed
- Strong leadership, supervisory, organizational, and administrative skills
- Attentive to details, and solutions oriented
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Multicultural competency, understanding of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), and awareness of intersecting identities
- A strong sense of self-awareness and professional etiquette
- Familiarity with online platforms such as Microsoft Office, G Suite, Slack,
Email your cover letter and resume (PDF preferred) to the ESAP at email@example.com
Your last AND first name should be included in any file names
(i.e. Smith_Jane_Resume.pdf and Smith_Jane_Letter.pdf).